Motion Snapshot Release 3.1.17_snap1
3.1.17 snap1 Bugfix release
- Removed annoying debug syslog message (input: #)
- Implemented Peter Ilin's patch for handling vloopback pipes better when Motion receives SIGTERM or SIGHUB.
- Implemented fix for compiling errors when building the FreeBSD version without bktr support.
- Commented out many unnecessary syslog debug only messages. The commented out code was first patched by Mike Lees patch related to syslog causing instability and hanging motion processes.
- Included Kalle Andersson's patch that ensures that Motion detaches from the stdin and stout devices so that a secure shell that was used to start Motion in daemon mode does not hang when you exit the shell.
- The make updateguide fetches a guide and it can be read but it contains some session ID codes that I have not found out hot to avoid.
- The pwc-ioctl.h is for pwc vertion 9.0.1. If you still use the pwc 8 series then you need to use the headerfile pwc-ioctl.h-pwc8.0 (copy the pwc-ioctl.h-pwc8.0 over pwc-ioctl.h). This is relevant for USB cameras using Philips chips.
- 09 Oct 2004
It's not a bug, only a report.
I've tested with rotate patch and it's works fine.
I'm talking this because of the issues of version 3.1.17 with rotate patch and syslog event patch (motion stop detect movements)
Motion 3.1.17_snap1 is actualy running in my system without any type of problem
- 10 Oct 2004