Motion Snapshot Release 3.2.1_snap7
3.2.1 snap7 - 24 Mar 2005
Development Release - not recommended for normal use
The netcam code is still under development but we are very interested in getting test reports on these releases from people with Network cameras.
Netcam related bug reports from the 3.2.1 snapshot releases can be added as a comment to http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/NetcamStabilityPatch
Changes since 3.1.19_snap4
- Fix for tracking control with http control (Angel Carpintero)
- Added the new feature Setup Mode (Joerg Weber). This also enables much more error messages given to the console when in non-daemon mode while still preserving the messages in syslog which are important for daemon mode debugging.
The patch is still being worked on and is not finished. Changes in the FreeBSD code are not yet tested.
- Remove most command line options and replace them by an option to specify location to motion.conf and a few options related to setting up motion. (Joerg Weber). This is also included in http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/SetupModePatch.
- Small improvement of the http control interface (link to setting itself on the html response when setting parameter) (Kenneth Lavrsen)
- Fixed a bug in noise tune which was most visible at very low light. (Joerg Weber and Kenneth Lavrsen)
- Further improvement in the setup mode. Messages are now prefixed by the thread number in [brackets]. Moved 2 funtions from motion.c to picture.c. The setup mode patch is now considered finished. (Joerg Weber)
Netcam fixes and debug code by Christopher Price - http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/NetcamStabilityPatch
- snap5_post1_video.c and snap5-post1 patches.
- Fixed netcam startup race condition.
- Refactored image handling back to single unified function.
- Refactored reconnection algorithm.
- Jpeg only based connections should now use less cpu time.
- Temporarily removed support for devices that do not support content-length (in progress).
- Synced syslog/printf style to new motion standard.
- Added developer debug trace defines/code.
- Defines now used for many constants.
- Improved console output in setup mode. Now also outputs threshold. (Joerg Weber)
- Added some additional text to the motion http messages to the terminal so that you know where the messages come from. (Kenneth Lavrsen)
- Netcam Stability Patch version snap6-post1 (Christopher Price)
- Added support for netcams without content-length header (streaming only)
- Remove memmem from netcam_wget.[c|h] (no longer used)
- Several miscellaneous code cosmetic changes
- TODO: remove tests for memmem from configure
- Still open todos on Netcam code. Keep on sending bug reports.
- Check the code for FreeBSD. This snap has not been tested at all in FreeBSD.
- Range checking of options - includes a complete redesign of how options are loaded and changed via remote control. This redesign is mainly making the code more robust and should be transparent to the user.
- See the BugReports for open bugs.
- Motion Guide does not match this version. See MotionHttpControl and MotionHttpAPI for documentation of the new http based remote control feature. Command line parameters are completely changed.
- The pwc-ioctl.h is for pwc version 9.0.1 and 10.0.6. If you still use the pwc 8 series then you need to use the headerfile pwc-ioctl.h-pwc8.0 (copy the pwc-ioctl.h-pwc8.0 over pwc-ioctl.h). This is relevant for USB cameras using Philips chips.
- 24 Mar 2005