Motion supports FreeBSD
with almost the same features that linux version.
- linuxthreads-2.2.3_19 ( only for FreeBSD < 5.4 , FreeBSD > 5.4 with motion-3.2.7 and above run with native pthreads ).
- jpeg-6b_3 or above
- gmake-3.80_2 ( GNU Make )
- ffmpeg-0.4.9.p1_4 ( mpeg1/4 video encoders ).
- mysql-server , mysql-client ( database backend support ).
- postgresql-devel , postgresql ( database backend support ).
- kernel with bktr support ( GENERIC kernel has by default support ).
- pwcbsd-1.4.1_1 ( with mmap support )
How to Install
Get it from official FreeBSD Ports
- Update the ports tree i.ex: cvsup -g -L 2 -h cvsup18.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
Current version is motion 3.2.11
- Install the port cd /usr/ports/multimedia/motion
- Improve the capture method ( double buffer , async capture ).
- Detect pixelformat , palettes format , etc ...
- Implement tuner capture ( now only video / svideo capture implemented ).
- Code clean up.
- And many others ...
I get crapped images if i set resolution > 320x240
Take a look to this bug report http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/BugReport2006x12x03x073610
Solved in motion-3.2.8
I can't build motion 3.2.9
ffmpeg.c:124:22: avstring.h: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [.depend] Error 1
Upgrade ffmpeg package at least to ffmpeg-2007.10.04_1
I have a Kodicom 4400R and it's not working
You need to apply this patch
6.x / 7.0
Some usb drivers has been ported to FreeBSD
: FreeBSD port from pwc
use pwc with motion in FreeBSD.
I'll try to create a unified patch to allow both drivers to work with motion.
- Motion release ( 3.2.11 ).
- Motion security release ( 188.8.131.52 ).
- Motion port it's synchronised with motion stable version ( 3.2.10 ). Added pwcbsd support in port.
- Fix compilation with ffmpeg-9-14-2007
- Motion port it's synchronised with motion stable version ( 3.2.9 ).
- Motion port it's synchronised with motion stable version ( 3.2.8 ).
- Motion 3.2.7 (current stable version) supports pid file creation/deletion with a new rc.d script more stable and with many features.
- Linuxtreads are not requiered, motion runs with BSD native pthreads for FreeBSD > 5.4 , linuxthreads is just an option to be backward compatible.
- 26 Sep 2008